Turkey Breast with Blueberry Balsamic Glaze
This Instant Pot meal is great for a small Thanksgiving dinner. Eye-catching blueberry balsamic glaze makes for a deliciously sweet complement to savory turkey.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 (2.75-3 lbs.) boneless turkey breast, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup dried figs, halved
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Rinse the turkey breast with cold water, then pat dry with paper towels. In a small bowl, combine butter, parsley, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Spread over turkey breast.
- Place a trivet in an Instant Pot and add chicken broth. Place turkey breast on the trivet. Close lid and set valve to sealing. Cook on high pressure for 26 minutes. Allow to release naturally for 20 minutes, then quick-release remaining pressure. Check that the turkey breast has an internal temperature of at least 165°F.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, bring the blueberries, figs and balsamic vinegar to a simmer and reduce by half. Once reduced, stir in brown sugar.
- Preheat broiler and prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Use two large spoons to remove turkey breast and place on prepared baking sheet. Broil 3-5 minutes, until skin is golden and crispy.
- Serve blueberry balsamic glaze over turkey breast. Refrigerate any leftovers.