The “three milks” sponge cake is a favorite treat at celebrations in Latin America and throughout the world. Evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk and whole milk are poured onto the cake, which is then topped with a cloud of vanilla-flavored whipped cream.
Serves: 24Prep: 20 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Granulated Sugar, divided
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Simple Truth Organic™ Madagascar Vanilla Extract, divded
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 13”x9” baking pan. Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
- Whip cream, butter and 1 cup of sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract; beat well.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture, a small amount at a time; mix until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Pierce cake several times with a fork.
- For the topping, combine milk, condensed milk and evaporated milk. Pour over top of cooled cake and let it soak in.
- Whip whipping cream, ½ cup of sugar and remaining vanilla together until thick. Spread over top of cake. Cut into 24 pieces. Note: This cake should be kept cold and served soon after it is made.