Strawberry Puff Pastry Tarts
Serves: 12Prep: 40 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound strawberries, washed, stems removed and cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 box (17.25 oz.) puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄3 cup coarse sugar
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until fully combined.
- Mix strawberries, granulated sugar and lemon juice.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheet pans with parchment paper. Sprinkle a little flour on a work surface and roll out 1 sheet of the dough (keep other sheet in the refrigerator until ready to use).
- Cut the dough in ½ lengthwise and ⅓ crosswise (you'll have six 4.5”x3” rectangles). Along the long edges of each rectangle, cut strips about 1” long and ½” wide. Place the rectangles on a prepared baking sheet pan.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture down the middle of each rectangle. Place a layer of berries on top of the cream cheese. Face the rectangles so the cut edges are on the left and right. Begin at the top, cross one strip over the pastry cream and berries. Cross the opposite side strip over the first strip. Continue this alternating left and right, making sure each strip is overlapping the previous opposite side to help lock it in. Do this down the length of each pastry.
- Gently press down the center of each pastry to help seal and lock the strips together.
- Beat egg white and water together and brush on top of pastry. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Refrigerate leftovers.