Switchel is a water and apple cider vinegar-based beverage that’s great for your gut health. This strawberry-and-basil-infused version is refreshing and easy to sip on any time of day.
Serves: 4Prep: 1 day 9 hours 10 minutesTotal: 1 day 9 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 cup strawberries, tops removed
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar with the mother, raw and unfiltered
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil
- In blender, combine 2 cups water, strawberries, maple syrup and ginger. Blend until smooth. Pour into resealable jar.
- Add apple cider vinegar, remaining 1 cup water and fresh basil, making sure there’s about 1” head space between liquid and lid of jar. Top with lid.
- Let sit at room temperature 24 hours. Refrigerate overnight.
- Strain to serve. The longer the switchel sits, the stronger the flavors will be. Refrigerate up to 1 week.