Skillet Chicken Parmesan
Serve this dish on top of pasta for a delicious, hearty meal.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 chicken breast cutlets (4 oz. each), pounded 1⁄4 inch thick
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cups jarred marinara sauce
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- Season the chicken with Italian seasoning, pepper, and salt. In a shallow dish, mix together the Parmesan cheese and flour. In a second separate dish, place the beaten eggs. In a third dish, place the bread crumbs.
- Working with 1 piece of chicken at a time, dredge the cutlet into the flour mixture, then the beaten eggs, and finally the bread crumbs. Use fingers to gently adhere the bread crumbs to the cutlet and place on a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining cutlets.
- Heat wok over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Once the oil is hot, cook 2 cutlets at a time for 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate and tent with aluminum foil. Repeat with the remaining cutlets.
- Preheat the oven broiler. Place the cutlets in a baking dish. Cover the tops with the marinara sauce and place 1 piece of cheese on top of each cutlet. Broil until the cheese has bubbled and browned. Serve immediately.