Sausage and Tomato Pasta
You'll enjoy a complete meal with this savory dish. Satisfying pasta, hearty sausage and healthy veggies make a simple well-rounded dinner.
Prep: 15 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutes
- 16 ounces pasta of your choice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound italian sausage, cut into 1/2" slices
- 1 cup frozen petite peas
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- In a large pot with boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat melt butter, add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add sausage and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes, until sausage is no longer pink.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add peas, green pepper, chopped tomato, Parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, lemon juice and drained pasta to the large skillet. Cook until heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.