Pumpkin Quinoa Stuffed Portabellas
For a vibrant, flavorful and fulfilling plant-based option on your Thanksgiving table, try serving these protein-packed stuffed portabellas, topped with a sweet and spicy cranberry relish.
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- Zest of lime
- 10 large portabella mushroom caps, stems and gills removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 2 packages (10 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ White Quinoa with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
- 1 can (15 oz.) pure pumpkin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In bowl, combine cranberries, honey, jalapeño, lime zest and pinch of salt; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush mushroom caps with 2 tablespoons olive oil; season with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- On rimmed baking sheet, arrange mushrooms; roast 10 minutes. Drain any liquid that gathers in caps.
- Meanwhile, in skillet over medium heat, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook shallots 2 to 3 minutes, until translucent. Add spinach; cook until wilted.
- Combine spinach mixture, quinoa, pumpkin, remaining 1 teaspoon salt and nutmeg. Divide evenly into mushroom caps.
- Return to oven; bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes, until filling is hot and mushrooms are tender.
- Serve mushrooms topped with cranberry relish.