Pumpkin Orange Mini Muffins with Orange Butter
Take these sweet little treats on all of your fall adventures! Each bite-size muffin packs zesty flavor with a little spice from the cinnamon.
Serves: 36Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium orange
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Kroger® Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/3 cup Earth Balance® Vegan Buttery Sticks, cold and cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Kroger® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 ounces Kroger® Original Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 36 mini muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel strips of rind from orange and place in food processor with metal blade. Add sugar and process until finely grated.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Process with 3 long pulses then scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add shortening and process 10-15 seconds or until mixture resembles cornmeal. Add dates and nuts and process just to distribute.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, then stir in pumpkin and orange juice. Add to processor bowl and process 8 seconds to combine thoroughly.
- Fill each prepared muffin cup ¾ full. Bake for 15 minutes or until very light golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- For the orange butter, in a small bowl beat the butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and grated peel until smooth. Serve at room temperature.