Made with plant-based patties and dairy-free toppings, these skillet “cheese” burgers will please the palates of vegans and omnivores alike.
Serves: 2Prep: 10 minutesCook: 12 minutesTotal: 22 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound Simple Truth™ Emerge Plant-Based Meatless Grind
- 1⁄2 cup Daiya Deluxe Dairy Free Cheeze Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Red Salsa
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Non-Dairy Sour Cream
- 2 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 1 Roma tomato, sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 2 brioche buns
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Form grind into 2 patties. Season patties with salt and pepper.
- In pan, heat oil until slightly smoking. Sear patties on one side; flip. Transfer pan to oven; cook 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix together sour cream and salsa.
- On each patty, spread an even amount of queso. In same pan used to cook burgers, arrange buns face-down to toast.
- On each bun, layer 1 burger patty, salsa-cream mixture, lettuce, tomato and onion.