Pesto Caprese Skewers
As simple as can be, but also deliciously fresh and vibrant…these skewers are a hit at picnics!
Wine Pairing: Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons HemisFares™ Pesto Genovese
- 2 tablespoons Italian extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound fresh buffalo mozzarella, cut into cubes
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, (or any firm tomatoes cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 8–10 wooden skewer sticks
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together pesto and olive oil.
- Gently toss mozzarella and tomatoes into bowl; coat thoroughly with pesto mixture.
- Alternating as you go, build skewers with pesto-marinated tomatoes, fresh basil and mozzarella cubes.