Meiomi Pumpkin Fondue Dip
Just when you thought pumpkin couldn’t get any better, a recipe comes around that shines a whole new light on this seasonal favorite fruit.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 pounds pie pumpkin, cut vertically and deseeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. gruyere cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus more for garnish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 French baguette
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line roasting pan with parchment paper.
- Brush insides of pumpkin with olive oil; arrange halves face-down on prepared roasting pan. Roast 30 to 40 minutes, or until pumpkin can be easily pierced with a fork. Let cool several minutes.
- While still very hot, scoop roasted pumpkin flesh.
- In food processor, combine pumpkin flesh, cream cheese, ½ cup gruyere, salt, black pepper, chili flakes and paprika. Process until smooth. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- In oven-proof dish, pour dip. Sprinkle remaining gruyere over; return to oven until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh ground black pepper.
- Serve with baguette and Meomi Pinot Noir.