Lucky Black-Eyed Pea Hash
Serve as is or top with a sunny-side up egg to turn this breakfast hash into a dinner.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 slices Kroger® Naturally Hardwood Smoked Bacon
- 1/2 package (30 oz.) Kroger® Country Style Hash Browns, frozen
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) Kroger® Black Eyed Peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Chop the bacon and cook in large skillet on medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes until crispy. Using a slotted spoon, remove the bacon and transfer to a paper-towel lined plate.
- Add hash browns to the skillet with bacon fat and cook for 5-6 minutes. Flip hash browns, and cook for another 5-6 minutes until golden. Season hash browns with Cajun seasoning and salt.
- Stir in the black eyed peas and baby spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted and beans are warm, 2-3 minutes. Top with the bacon and serve immediately.