Keto Slow Cooker Spicy Pumpkin Chicken
Shredded chicken is a simple dinner go-to. Add some pumpkin, spice and everything nice with this upgraded slow cooker recipe!
Serves: 8Prep: 10 minutesCook: 4 hoursTotal: 4 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1⁄4 cup hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened and cut into pieces
- Cauliflower rice, hot
- Chopped parsley, cilantro, and/or chives
- In small bowl, combine salt, garlic, pepper and cayenne. Season chicken thighs with spice mixture.
- In bottom of 5-quart or larger slow cooker, mix together chicken broth, pumpkin, hot sauce and spiced chicken.
- Cover; cook on low 4 to 5 hours, until chicken is tender.
- Using two forks, shred chicken. Stir in cream cheese.
- Serve chicken over cauliflower rice and garnish with chopped herbs, if desired.