This simple cashew fudge is made from only four ingredients. It comes together quickly, but be careful not to overcook it.
Serves: 24Prep: 20 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 pinch saffron
- Place cashews in a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- In a small nonstick skillet, heat sugar and water over medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved and mixture just begins to boil. Remove from heat; stir in cashews and cardamom until well combined. Stir in ghee.
- Cook over low heat for 7-10 minutes, stirring often. Cook until mixture begins to thicken and pulls away from the edges of the pan.
- Scoop mixture onto parchment paper. Cool for about 10 minutes, or until cool enough to handle. Grease your hands with ghee, and knead the dough until it can be shaped into a smooth ball.
- Top with another sheet of parchment paper and use a rolling pin to roll out to a ¼” thickness.
- While fudge is still warm, use a sharp knife to cut into 24 diamond shapes. Garnish each diamond with a pinch of saffron. Store in an air tight container for up to a week.