Instant Pot® Tacos al Pastor
The perfect recipe for family fiesta night, this classic taco dish is packed with flavor. Use the Instant Pot® to cut both the prep and cook time in half! Serve over tortillas with fresh herbs and onions to garnish.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 pounds pork roast
- 1 bag dried guajillo chili peppers, stems and seeds removed, ground
- 2 cans (6 oz.) pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth™ Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth™ Oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon Private Selection™ Six Chili Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Simple Truth™ Minced Garlic, dried
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine cumin, oregano, chili powder, guajillo chili peppers and garlic. Rub onto pork.
- Set programmable pressure cooker to sauté setting and sear for 10 minutes.
- Add pineapple juice and liquid smoke. Set cooker to manual and cook with pressure for 30 minutes.
- Use quick release to vent steam. Remove lid and shred pork.
- Season to taste and serve.