Instant Pot® Beef Barley and Mushroom Soup
This savory, gratifying soup will not only keep you warm in the winter months, it’ll leave you feeling nourished and satiated for hours.
Prep: 20 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 pounds Kroger® Beef Chuck, cubed
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic gloves, chopped.
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 3 cups carrots, large chopped
- 2 cups Private Selection™ Petite Red Gourmet Potatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1 cup dry pearl barley, rinsed
- 3 cups Kroger® Beef Broth
- 12 ounces porter beer of choice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Cut meat into cubes (about 2 inches in size) chop vegetables. Rinse and drain barley.
- Set programmable pressure cooker to sauté. Add oil and brown beef on all sides, about 3-4 minutes; some pieces may still be a bit pink.
- Remove beef and set aside in a bowl to rest. Add mushrooms, garlic and onions and cook 1-2 minutes until onions are soft.
- Deglaze cooker with beer and add remaining vegetables. Add barley, broth and dry spices. Add beef back into pot.
- Set cooker to 15 minutes on manual. Use quick release to vent steam. (Note: For a lower-sodium version, add 5 minutes of time to increase flavor infusion.)