Using ground beef instead of tenderloin saves money and time without sacrificing flavor.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 8 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Chopped parsley, if desired
- Brown beef, mushrooms, onions and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking meat apart as it cooks. Continue heating until beef is cooked through.
- Stir in salt, pepper and flour; cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly add broth; bring to a boil and allow to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Adjust seasoning to taste and garnish with parsley, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Make it a meal: Serve with egg noodles.