Grilled Pineapple Salsa
Save to My Recipes
A fresh and tasty grilled fruit recipe, the pineapple caramelizes as it cooks to create the ultimate fruity salsa recipe for summer.
Prep: 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutes
- 1 medium pineapple, trimmed and sliced vertically
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 jalapeño, diced (remove seeds to keep mild)
- Juice of one lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips to serve
- Preheat the grill over medium-high heat.
- Brush both sides of the pineapple slices with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill the pineapple until caramelized on both sides, about 4-5 minutes per side, rotating once. Remove from grill and dice into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss together diced grilled pineapple with onion, cilantro, jalapeño and lime juice. Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with tortilla chips.