Grilled Lobster with Herb Butter
Nothing says grilling season like a delicious buttery grilled lobster.
- lobster tails, about 4 ounces each
- butter, softened, plus more for basting
- fresh tarragon or basil, finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare compound butter by bringing butter to room temperature. Mix desired amount of butter together with tarragon or basil and cracked pepper; 1 Tablespoon herbs per 1/4 cup of butter. Lay a piece of plastic wrap on a flat surface and shape mixture into a log shape. Wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat grill to medium. Split the top of the lobster shell lengthwise with kitchen scissors. With a towel in your hand, place lobster on towel and squeeze shell until it pops open. Lift the meat out of the shell, while still leaving it attached. Close the shell and let the meat rest on top of the shell. Lift meat with a knife, score the underside three times to prevent curling. Baste with melted butter and lemon juice.
- Place lobster on grill. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until a meat thermometer reaches 150° F. To serve, place the whole lobster tail on a plate with a slice of compound butter on top.