Ginger Spice Macaroons with M&M’s
Classic coconut macaroons get a holiday-inspired upgrade with warm spices and melt-in-your-mouth M&M’s.
Serves: 24Prep: 20 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground cloves
- 4 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup M&M’s Holiday Variety, divided
- 15 pieces Dove Milk Chocolate Gifts, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 300ºF. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, whisk together egg whites, sugar and vanilla until frothy and sugar is dissolved. Whisk in ginger, cinnamon, salt and cloves.
- Stir in coconut until completely coated. Stir in 1/2 cup M&M’s until evenly distributed.
- Using wet hands, shape heaping tablespoonful into ball; repeat to make 24 balls. On prepared baking sheets, arrange balls 1” apart.
- Bake, rotating and switching pans halfway through, 15 to 18 minutes, until light golden brown. Let cool on baking sheets 5 minutes; transfer directly to rack. Cool completely.
- In microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate on medium 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Dip tops of each cookie into melted chocolate. Sprinkle remaining M&M’s over cookies. Return to parchment paper–lined baking sheets; let stand until set.