Freezer Pumpkin-Apple Soup
When serving the soup, you can garnish by pouring additional cream over the surface of the soup. Drag a toothpick through the cream to create a marbled effect.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 6 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium apple
- 4 cups pumpkin, cooked and puréed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. mild onion, grated
- 1⁄4 tsp. dried ginger
- 1 Tbsp. dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. fresh sage, minced
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Peel, core, and finely chop the apple. To the slow cooker add the apple, squash, chicken broth, onion, ginger, and brown sugar. Cook on low for 6 hours. Add sage during the last 30 minutes of cooking. Put soup in blender and purée. Freeze in a freezer bag.
- Heat defrosted soup over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes. Pour cream in before serving.