Curried Apple Bisque with Minted Yogurt
Apple cider replaces broth in this sweet and savory bisque. Balance it all out with cool and creamy minted yogurt!
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup Kroger® Whole Milk Plain Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons mint leaves
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth™ Organic Ground Curry Powder
- 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced (about 6 cups)
- 3 cups apple cider
- 2 cups water
- For the yogurt, combine the yogurt, mint leaves and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- For the bisque, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent. Add the ginger and garlic and cook until soft. Do not let the garlic brown or it will give the bisque a bitter flavor.
- Stir in the curry powder and cook, tossing and scraping the bottom of the pan so the mixture doesn’t scorch for about 1 minute.
- Add the apples, cider, water and remaining 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until the apples are completely soft, about 30 minutes.
- Puree the bisque in batches in a food processor or blender. Return to the saucepan and heat. Serve warm or at room temperature topped with a generous dollop of the yogurt.