Cream of Pumpkin Soup with Cranberries
Spice up (and sweeten up!) your pumpkin soup with cinnamon, ginger, brown sugar and cranberry sauce.
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 1/2 cups Kroger® Vegetable Broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Whole Cranberry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut into 1” pieces (about 6 cups)
- In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup broth, brown sugar and cranberry sauce. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the butter over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook until tender.
- Stir the remaining broth, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper and pumpkin into the saucepan. Heat to a boil then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Place half of the pumpkin mixture into an electric blender. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour mixture into a medium bowl then repeat the blending process with the remaining pumpkin mixture.
- Return all of the pureed mixture to the saucepan and heat through. Divide soup among bowls and top each serving with a generous spoonful of the cranberry sauce mixture.