Chocolate Avocado Truffles
These truffles get their creaminess from an avocado, which makes them a little bit better for you. They’re delicious and rich, and make for a tasty dessert.
Serves: 14Prep: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Over a double boiler, melt the chocolate and stir until completely smooth.
- Mash the avocado with a fork until there are no lumps. Stir the mashed avocado into the melted chocolate, then add the vanilla extract. Stir until fully combined and thickened.
- Place mixture in the refrigerator and allow to set for 20 minutes, until slightly firm to touch.
- Using a tablespoon to scoop the chocolate, form the chocolate into 12 balls. Roll each truffle in a bowl filled with the cocoa powder. Place the truffles on a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.