Chicago Hot Dogs
Chicago-style hot dogs require a certain way of stacking the toppings, so be sure to follow the directions for an authentic-like Chicago dog. Serve these for a summer gathering or a fun weeknight dinner.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
- 4 hot dog buns
- 4 all-beef hot dogs
- 1⁄4 cup yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 dill pickle spears
- 8 sport peppers
- 1⁄2 tsp. celery salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, combine melted butter and poppy seeds. Brush mixture on the sides of the hot dog buns, then place on a baking sheet. Place in the oven and cook until toasted, 3-5 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, then reduce to low and add hot dogs. Cook about 5 minutes, then place the hot dogs in the toasted buns.
- Top each hot dog with mustard, pickle relish, onion, tomato, pickle spear, sport peppers and celery salt.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.