Breakfast Sandwich Protein Rounds
You’ll be glad to have these make-ahead sausage and egg rounds to heat and eat for busy weekday mornings. Choose your favorite Simple Truth™ sausage, meats and cheeses and change up the veggie combinations to suit your family’s tastes.
Serves: 12Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 14 ounces Simple Truth™ Sausage (pork or turkey), thawed
- 12 Simple Truth Organic™ Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers, diced
- 10 ounces bag Simple Truth Organic™ Chopped Spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup Simple Truth™ Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Simple Truth™ Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray the cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with the cooking spray. Divide the sausage into 12 equal portions and press into each of the cups to form a patty. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Press the excess moisture from the thawed spinach and add to the beaten egg along with the diced peppers, cheese, salt and pepper. Spray the muffin cups with cooking spray and divide half of the egg mixture into the 12 cups and bake for 15 minutes, or until egg is set. Cool and remove from the tins and bake the remaining egg mixture in the 12 cups. You will have 24 egg discs total.
- Allow the sausage and egg patties to cool completely before storing in freezer container or zip-top bags. They will keep up to 2 months in the freezer. Thaw and reheat for breakfast and enjoy them as part of a breakfast sandwich with gluten-free whole grain toast or English muffins, or just enjoy them on their own.