Bacon & Pear Grilled Cheese with Maple Butter
This sandwich has all the things we love about fall. Juicy pears, sweet maple butter, smoky bacon and melty cheese...delicious!
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- 8 slices Simple Truth™ Fully Cooked Uncured Applewood Smoked Bacon
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 ripe pear, cored and thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine butter and maple syrup.
- To build sandwiches, top 4 slices of bread with ½ the cheese, bacon, pear slices and the remaining cheese. Top with second slice of bread.
- Butter the outside of the sandwiches. Cook in a large skillet over medium-low heat for 4-5 minutes until bread is golden brown. Flip sandwiches and continue cooking 4-5 minutes until golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers.