Apple Hand Pies
These hand pies are super cute and easy to make! They require very little time and equipment. They can be made the day before, which leaves you with more time to spend with family.
Serves: 8Prep: 20 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (15 oz.) Kroger® Rolled Pie Crust
- 1 can (20 oz.) Kroger® Apple Pie Filling
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Roll out the pie crusts and use a 4” circle cookie cutter to make 4 circles in each crust, then fold extra crusts together and roll out, then repeat to make 3 more circles.
- Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of pie filling onto one half of each circle. Fold the pie crust in half and pinch the edges with a fork. Cut two slits on the top of the pie crust. Repeat for remaining circles.
- Place the pie crusts on the prepared pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze by mixing the butter, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla together in a medium bowl.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Drizzle the hand pies with the glaze, and place on a cooling rack. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture and allow to cool.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.