30-Minute Vegan Black Bean Pumpkin Soup
This hearty and filling soup, with its comforting flavors of pumpkin, vegetables and herbs, is sure to warm you from head to toe.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cups pumpkin, peeled and cut into ½” cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 cups vegetable broth, divided
- Avocado, to serve
- Cilantro, to serve
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine oil, onion and pumpkin. Sauté 5-8 minutes.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, cumin, salt, oregano and red pepper; cook 5 minutes. Pour in 2 cups vegetable broth and quinoa. Bring to boil, then reduce heat; cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Add remaining broth and beans. Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer; cover and cook 10 minutes. Serve with avocado and cilantro.