- Vitacost Peruano Beans - Non-GMO and Gluten Free
Vitacost Peruano Beans - Non-GMO and Gluten Free
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- No additives or preservatives
- Gluten-free & vegan
- Mild flavor and pleasantly creamy texture
- Use in soups, salads, pasta dishes and creamy dips
- Can be used as a substitute for pinto, navy or cannellini beans
- 9 grams of protein + 8 grams of dietary fiber per ¼ cup
- No cholesterol
Move over, pinto. There’s another, even creamier bean that’ll make you pine for the perfect tortilla chip to pair with your dip.
Native to Mexico, Peruano beans have a pale yellow color and a pleasant mild flavor. Due to their creamy texture, they can easily be subbed for other beans – pinto, navy or cannellini – in all your favorite recipes. They’re most often found in refried bean dips, pasta dishes, salads and soups.
Peruano beans are packed with plant-powered nutrition – just one ¼-cup serving provides 7 grams of filling fiber and 10 grams of satisfying protein; it’s no surprise that these legumes are beloved by vegetarians, dieters and foodies alike.
Soak overnight, rinse and combine 1 cup Peruano beans with 4 cups water (enough to cover beans completely) in a large pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
Once cooked, there are many ways to enjoy Peruano beans:
- Add to your favorite soup, salad or pasta dish
- Serve over yellow, white or brown rice
- Combine with other legumes in bean salad
- Use to make a creamy dip
Vitacost nutritional products are manufactured to high standards of quality, efficacy and safety. Each Vitacost product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).