What is L-Lysine?
L-Lysine is an essential amino acid, meaning the body cannot synthesize it on its own but it must be obtained through diet (mainly from foods high in protein). L-Lysine is required for many body functions that support skin, bones, collagen and elastin.* It’s also important for normal growth and development.*
L-Lysine is converted in the body to acetyl CoA, which is a critical part of metabolizing carbohydrates for energy.* Lysine is also a precursor to carnitine, which helps transport fatty acids into the mitochondria where they can be used for energy or other functions.*
Lysine has an antagonistic relationship with L-arginine, making it useful in the reduction of arginine levels.*
What are the key benefits of Vitacost® L-Lysine?
- Supports immune system function.*
- May support a healthy cardiovascular system.*
- Offers support during times of mental anxiety and stress.*
- Supports absorption of calcium from the digestive tract, making it more available for biological functions.*
- Since L-lysine is single nutrient, it’s often combined with other herbs or amino acids to obtain complementary effects, such as immune system support or helping to reduce mental stress and anxiety, or cardiovascular benefits.*
Vitacost® L-Lysine is a targeted wellness solution - just for you.
- Supplies 500 mg of L-lysine per single-capsule serving.
- Contains 100 servings per bottle.
- Offers exceptional quality at extraordinary value.
Potency • Purity • Pride
All Vitacost® supplements are formulated to deliver the level of support you expect and deserve. Whether you’re shopping Vitacost® vitamins, minerals, herbs or other key nutrients, their potency is guaranteed – what’s on the label is what’s in the bottle. Plus, all Vitacost® supplements adhere to th