- Vitacost Garbanzo Beans - Non-GMO and Gluten Free
Vitacost Garbanzo Beans - Non-GMO and Gluten Free
- Non-GMO project Verified
- No additives or preservatives
- Gluten free & vegan
- Use in salads, soups and creamy spreads
- Combine with fresh garlic, lemon juice, salt and tahini to make hummus
- 8 grams of protein + 14 grams of dietary fiber per ¼ cup
- No cholesterol
Everyone knows garbanzo beans make a great hummus when pureed with garlic, lemon juice, salt and tahini – but there''s more to this rotund legume than meets the pita chip.
Did you know that garbanzo beans (or chickpeas, as they''re commonly called) have been cultivated for thousands of years? Over the centuries, they''ve been consumed in a variety of forms – raw, roasted, cooked, boiled, pureed and even brewed into a coffee-like drink.
Garbanzo beans are packed with plant-powered nutrition – just one ¼-cup serving provides 14 grams of filling fiber and 8 grams of satisfying protein; it’s no surprise that these legumes are beloved by vegetarians, dieters and foodies alike.
Soak overnight, rinse and combine 1 cup garbanzo beans with 4 cups water (enough to cover the beans completely) in a large pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 80-90 minutes.
Once cooked, there are many ways to enjoy garbanzos:
- Use as topping for salad
- Add to your favorite savory soup or stew
- Drizzle with coconut oil, honey and cinnamon and roast in the oven
- Make falafel!
Vitacost nutritional products are manufactured to high standards of quality, efficacy and safety. Each Vitacost product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).