- Vitacost Certified Organic Garbanzo Beans - Non-GMO and Gluten Free
Vitacost Certified Organic Garbanzo Beans - Non-GMO and Gluten Free
- Non-BPA can lining
- Organic & non-GMO
- Low sodium
- Gluten free & vegan
- 7 grams of protein + 4 grams of dietary fiber per ½ cup
- No additives, preservatives or cholesterol
- Use in salads, soups and creamy spreads
- Combine with fresh garlic, lemon juice and tahini to make hummus
Everyone knows garbanzo beans make a great hummus when pureed with garlic, lemon juice and tahini – but there''s more to this rotund legume than meets the pita chip.
Did you know that garbanzo beans (or chickpeas, as they''re commonly called) have been cultivated for thousands of years? Over the centuries, they''ve been consumed in a variety of forms – raw, roasted, cooked, boiled, pureed and even brewed into a coffee-like drink.
Beans are packed with plant-powered nutrition – just one ½-cup serving of these organic garbanzos provides 4 grams of filling fiber and 7 grams of satisfying protein; it’s no surprise that these legumes are beloved by vegetarians, dieters and foodies alike.
Aside from hummus, there are many ways to enjoy these canned garbanzos:
- Use as topping for salad
- Add to your favorite savory soup or stew
- Drizzle with coconut oil, honey and cinnamon and roast in the oven
- Make falafels!
Compare to name brands
If you like Eden Foods® Organic Garbanzo Beans, you’ll go crazy for this conveniently canned, low-sodium version from Vitacost®.
Vitacost nutritional products are manufactured to high standards of quality, efficacy and safety. Each Vitacost product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).