Everything You Need To Ace Math In One Big Notebook by Altair Peterson
An exciting book for all middle schoolers (6th-8th grade) who wish they had taken better notes in Math class or just want to jump to the head of the class. Each Big Fat Notebook is like getting to borrow the notebook of the best student in Math class, the one who not only writes down the important points the teacher makes--noting those crucial "you will get tested on these" facts--but also meticulously transcribes key points from the chalkboard and pastes teacher handouts into the notebook. Part "CliffsNotes," part workbook, this study hack will help kids focus on the things they need to remember in order to rock their middle school exams and ace math. Each notebook was written by a graduate of a prestigious university, and all the writers graduated with honors in their respective subjects. Everything You Need to Ace Math in One Big Fat Notebook is based on common core state standards and has been vetted by a middle school math teacher who has won a teacher-of-the-year award.
Everything You Need to Ace Math in One Big Fat Notebook includes:
- Illustrative and memorable doodles, such as a number being thrown over a parenthesis by a catapult to illustrate the distributive property of multiplication.
- Chapter review quizzes with answers
Everything You Need to Ace Math in One Big Fat Notebook covers the following topics and more:
- The Number System
- Positive and Negative Numbers
- Ratios, Proportions, and Percent Solving Equations
- Order of Operations
- Solving and Graphing Inequalities
- Word Problems
- Scale and Transformation
- Statistics and Probability
- Graphing Data
- The Coordinate Plane Functions