Fred Meyer's most urgent priority during the COVID-19 pandemic has been to provide a safe environment for associates and customers with open stores, ecommerce solutions and an efficiently operating supply chain so that our communities have access to fresh, affordable food and essentials. We’ll update this page regularly to keep you informed about the steps we’re taking to support our customers, associates and communities.
Fred Meyer Announces New Black Friday Plans
Fred Meyer has placed a priority on safety throughout the pandemic and has now made deliberate adjustments to Black Friday plans that will allow customers to shop great deals with confidence.
This year, there will be a number of events to help spread out shopping patterns and reduce congestion, which will give customers more opportunities to save, safely:
- The “Black Friday Starts Now” event began 11/11 and will advance Black Friday prices on the hottest items across the store
- There will be an expanded 3-Day Black Friday sale that will run 11/25-11/27
The traditional Black Friday event on 11/27 will take place with a wide range of robust deals, but will incorporate a number of new safety precautions as well:
- Stores will be designating one door as an entrance and one door as an exit to manage traffic flow
- Doors will be staffed to ensure social distancing, mandatory masks, and closely monitor capacity limits
- A single primary bank of check stands with hand sanitizer will be utilized during peak periods to control traffic flow and ensure social distancing
- Gift card giveaways will change from the first 100 customers to recurring giveaways every 15 minutes, in order to prevent crowding in the morning
- Social distancing measures will be in place outside of the store for those attending the event
- Additional capacity measures and traffic flow systems will be implemented in popular areas to ensure safety throughout the st ore at all times
Delivering a Safe, Easy Fresh & Affordable Shopping Experience
How We're Prioritizing Your Health & Safety
More Low-Contact Shopping Options
In addition to our options for safe and affordable shopping, our mobile app includes new convenient low- and no-contact checkout features like Kroger Pay and Scan, Bag, Go – now available at most stores.
Last Updated: Friday, November 13, 2020