Store Doorway Activities
Over 80 years ago, Mr. and Mrs. Meyer began partnering with The Salvation Army in Portland, Oregon, by having bell ringers and their donation kettles at Fred Meyer store entrances during the holidays. This commitment has grown through the years, and now Fred Meyer stores host fundraising and item collection activities at store entrances for several community organizations, such as K-12 schools, service organizations and other 501(c)(3) nonprofits.
How to apply
Aside from collection drives and The Salvation Army Red Kettle Drive, doorway activities are limited to nonprofit organizations selling something to raise money. All requests to conduct doorway activities must be made on the Doorway Activities Request Form.
- Please print the form on your company letterhead.
- Complete the form and take it to the store of your choice.
- Please submit the request at least 4-6 weeks in advance of your activity.
When are Doorway Activities permitted?
You may apply to hold doorway activities on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from January 2 through November 10. We do not allow doorway activities during the holiday season from Veterans Day (November 11) to New Year's Day (with the exception of The Salvation Army).
- Service organization fundraisers
- Food or collection boxes
- Salvation Army bell ringers
Activities NOT allowed
To best respect our Customers’ shopping experience, we do not allow the following:
- Flying or surveying
- Voter registration
- Donation solicitation
- Collecting or fundraising by or for individuals
- Sectarian or religious organizations collecting items or raising funds principally for the benefit of their own members or adherents
- Bake sales or sales of homemade food
- Carnivals or dunk tanks
- Car washes
- Parking lot sales
- Swap meets or “garage sales”
- Fundraising for capital campaigns
- The sale of perishable items that we carry in the store (donuts, flowers, wreaths, etc.)
- Information tables
- Ongoing events or collections
- Requests for monetary donationser distribution (by hand-out or on cars)
- Raffle ticket sales
- Event ticket sales
- Political activity of any kind
All funds raised in our doorways must stay in the four states in which Fred Meyer does business: Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Alaska.