- How can I register for gifts with Fred Meyer?
- When should I register?
- How do I know which items to include in my registry?
- Can I make changes to my registry after I’ve created it?
- How long do registries stay active?
- I forgot my password. What should I do?
- Do my guests need a password?
- Where can gifts from my registry be purchased?
- How often are my registry records updated online?
- How do I know that an item has been purchased from my registry?
- What is the registry barcode?
- What if I need to make returns?
- Does Fred Meyer have a completion program?
- How do I make purchases to complete my registry?
- How do I update my registry if I received items that were not purchased at Fred Meyer?
- I created my registry in-store. Can I access it online?
- What if my event date has changed or I want to change my shipping address, personal information, email address or password?
- Do all Fred Meyer stores offer Wedding & Gift Registry?
- Can I register for Fred Meyer Gift Cards?
- What should I do if I receive a gift that I registered for, but it wasn’t purchased at Fred Meyer? How do I update my registry so I don’t end up with more of that item than I wanted?
- How do I delete my registry?
- What should I say in the event message area?
- I forgot to tell the cashier I was purchasing something from a gift registy. How do I correct this?
- Where can I get help?
1. How can I register for gifts with Fred Meyer?
It’s easy. Simply visit one of our stores and register at the Gift Registry kiosk located at the Customer Service desk or in the Home Department. You can also create a profile online, but you will need to visit your local store to scan items to add to your registry.
2. When should I register?
We recommend registering three to four months before your wedding or other event. This allows family and friends enough time to purchase gifts for parties and showers preceding your event.
3. How do I know which items to include in my registry?
To help you get started, we’ve put together sample registries to give you an idea of what to look for.
4. Can I make changes to my registry after I’ve created it?
Yes, simply go to any store to add or delete products or change quantities. You can also access your registry via the internet to delete products and change quantities.
5. How long do registries stay active?
Your registry will remain active online and in our stores for one year after the date of your event. You will have the option to extend your registry in 6-month increments.
6. I forgot my password. What should I do?
To retrieve your password online, go to our Gift Registry and click Forgot Your Password. You will be asked to enter the email address you gave us when you registered. Then we will send you an email with a link that will allow you to reset your password.
To retrieve your password in-store, go to the kiosk and press Manage Your Registry and then Forgot Your Password on the subsequent page. You will be asked to enter the email address you gave us when you registered. You will then be asked to answer the three security questions you created when you initially created your account. If you answer at least one question correctly, you will be given access to your account. If not, you will need to access our Gift Registry online and reset your password there.
7. Do my guests need a password?
All your guests need to enter is your first and last names to access and print your registry, unless you set your registry to private. If private, you will be asked to provide an access code during account registration. You will then need to share that code with family and friends so they can access your registry.
8. Where can gifts from my registry be purchased?
Gifts from your registry can be purchased in our stores.
9. How often are my registry records updated online?
Your registry is immediately updated when an item is purchased in one of our stores as long as the gift giver informs the cashier that the purchase is from your gift registry.
10. How do I know that an item has been purchased from my registry?
The gift giver must notify the store associate that the purchase is from your gift registry. Then, the associate
will ask to scan your registry barcode so purchases are credited to the correct registry. To view all purchases, access your account and specify which registry you want (if you have more than one). Use the view feature/drop down to see all purchased items.
Note: Your registry is only updated if the gift giver allows the cashier to scan your registry bar code.
11. What is the registry barcode?
Your registry barcode is at the top of your registry printout and is used to scan your information (registry ID) into the system, either with a scanner to add items to your list, or at checkout to update your list when an item is being purchased for you.
12. What if I need to make returns?
All returns at Fred Meyer require a receipt. Associates can sometimes locate receipt information through your Rewards, debit or credit card. Gift givers are strongly encouraged to include a gift receipt whenever a gift is purchased. Gift receipts don’t display price information and make it easy for gift recipients to return their items if necessary. Please see our return policy for more details.
13. Does Fred Meyer have a completion program?
In the month following your event, you’ll receive an invitation to participate in our Rewards Completion Program. This program allows you to receive a Rewards 10% discount on items remaining on your registry and any items you wish to add at this time. This discount applies to a one-time completion purchase within 90 days of your event date. This discount is good off of regular and sale prices, and can be combined with manufacturers’ coupons, rebates and regular Fred Meyer Coupons.
14. How do I make purchases to complete my registry?
Bring in the completion program coupon you received in the mail. When you’re ready to check out, show the associate your registry printout and give them your completion coupon. Your cashier will ensure you receive your Rewards 10% discount.
15. How do I update my registry if I received items that were not purchased at Fred Meyer?
Simply log in to your account online and click Update Registry. You will be given the option to increase or decrease the quantity of items desired. Or at the store kiosk, log in and press the View/Edit Item Quantities button. You will be given the same option to increase or decrease your requested quantities.
16. I created my registry in-store. Can I access it online?
Yes! Please check your inbox for an email from Fred Meyer. This contains a direct link and is the quickest way to start managing your registry online. You may also go to fredmeyer.com/gifts and sign in to your registry from there.
17. What if my event date has changed or I want to change my shipping address, personal information, email address or password?
You may change all of this online or at a kiosk in one of our stores. Simply log in to your account and click Edit Registry Profile.
18. Do all Fred Meyer stores offer Wedding & Gift Registry?
No. It's currently only available in the Eugene, OR area at: West Eugene, Springfield and Santa Clara.
19. Can I register for Fred Meyer Gift Cards?
Absolutely. Just indicate on your registry that you’d like to receive Gift Cards. Many guests would like to give Gift Cards, but would feel more comfortable doing so if they knew it was an option you had requested. Gift Cards are also a good backup to have in case your registry reaches completion, and a guest isn’t sure what you’d like.
20. What should I do if I receive a gift that I registered for, but it wasn’t purchased at Fred Meyer? How do I update my registry so I don’t end up with more of that item than I wanted?
No worries. First, login to your account and select the registry you would like to update. Then find the item in your registry list and change the quantity desired in the Still Needs column. Be sure to click the Update Registry button to confirm your change.
21. How do I delete my registry?
Whether you registered in-store or online, your account and corresponding registry remains on file for 1 year after your event date. However, If you would like to delete your entire registry, simply log in to your account online or at a kiosk in our store and click the delete link next to the registry you wish to delete.
22. What should I say in the event message area?
The event message area is a great place to tell your family and friends about your style, room colors or themes and the products you like. For baby registries, use this space to provide guests with information about your baby, such as "It's a girl!" or "We're getting married!"
23. I forgot to tell the cashier I was purchasing something from a gift registy. How do I correct this?
Bring the purchased item and a printout of the registry to the Customer Service Desk. The associate there will make sure your friend or family member’s registry is updated.
24. Where can I get help?
Call us at 1-877-764-8897 or email us at GiftRegistry@fredmeyer.com