A favorite with my friends - hominy, cilantro and lime make this savory soup authentic!
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 2 Pounds Boneless Pork Loin, cubed
- 2 Cans Enchilada Sauce, red or green, 15 ounces each
- 2 Cans White Hominy, 15 ounces each, drained
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 Can Green Chilies, 7 ounces, diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- Dash Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro, chopped
- Juice of One Lime
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Heat the oil in a skillet over high heat. Add the pork; cook and stir until meat is browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Place the meat in a slow cooker. Add the enchilada sauce, hominy, onion, chilies, garlic, cayenne pepper, cumin and sugar. Pour in enough water to fill the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on high for 6 to 7 hours. Stir in the cilantro, lime juice and salt. Cook on low for 10 more minutes.