Halibut is a hearty fish that eats like a steak. This quick-to-prepare artichoke, olive and tomato combination is ready in 20-25 minutes.
- 4 Halibut Steaks, or fillets; fresh or frozen, thawed (6 ounces each)
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 1/2Teaspoons Oregano, divided
- 4 Slices Onion, quartered
- 1 1/2Cups Tomatoes, cut into 1" thick chunks
- 1 Jar Artichoke Hearts, 6 ounces; reserve 2 teaspoons of marinade
- 1/4 Cup Kalamata Olives, pitted and halved
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 9"x13" baking pan with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Arrange halibut steaks or fillets in pan. Rub garlic over top of fish. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and 3/4 teaspoon oregano. Layer onion, tomatoes, artichoke hearts and olives over fish. Sprinkle with remaining oregano. Drizzle with reserved artichoke marinade.
- Bake fish for 20-25 minutes, or just until fish is opaque throughout.