Inside this flakey golden pastry you'll find tender chicken and veggies in a creamy sauce, ready to win over even the pickiest eaters.
- 1/8 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Petite Peas
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 2 Each Pie Crusts, unbaked
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 Cup Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Cups Chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 Medium Potato, cooked and cubed
- 1 Cup Carrots, peeled and diced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Add onions and cook until soft. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper. Slowly add broth and whipping cream. Boil and stir one minute. Add chicken, peas, carrots and potatoes.
- Place one crust in bottom of pie pan. Pour chicken mixture into pie plate. Top with other pie crust. Press edges together to seal. Cut slits in top crust. Bake 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let pie cool slightly before serving.