- 1 Beef Rib Roast, 8-9 pounds
- Sea Salt
- 1/4 Cup Dijon Mustard
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Shallots, minced
- 3 Cups Beef Broth
- 1/3 Cup Red Wine
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place beef, fat side up, on a rimmed baking pan. Sprinkle with salt. Mix mustard and garlic together. Rub a layer on top of beef. Sprinkle pepper over mustard mixture. Roast beef for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Roast until meat thermometer inserted into center of beef registers 125°F for medium-rare, for one hour. After one hour check temperature every 15 minutes. Transfer roast to platter, reserving pan juices. Let stand, tenting loosely with foil for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet. Add shallots and saute until tender. Add beef broth and wine. Boil until liquid is reduced, about 15 minutes. Pour off pan juices into bowl, scraping up browned bits from pan; add to beef broth mixture. Serve roast with sauce.