Looking for a new spin on steak that’s
easy, too? Simply grill petite sirloin, top with a full-flavored butter/cheese mixture, then let the rich flavors melt into your savory steak.
- 4 Private Selection Petite Sirloin Steaks, about ½ lb. each
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 2 Teaspoons Private Selection Olive Oil
- salt and pepper
- fresh clipped chives for garnish
- Also need: meat thermometer
- Heat grill.
- Mix butter and Gorgonzola cheese together. Lay a piece of plastic wrap on a flat surface and shape butter/Gorgonzola mixture into a log shape. Wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Lightly coat each side of the steak with olive oil, salt and pepper. Sear directly over high heat on the grill for 4 minutes. Turn and repeat.
- Continue grilling at medium heat until beef reaches the desired temperature. After steaks are cooked, top each with a thick slice of Gorgonzola butter and garnish with chives.