Here's a simple way to bring out the flavor of your favorite steak. Salt, pepper and a broiling rack -- that's all you need!
- 2 New York Steaks
- 1 Broiling Rack
- Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to broil. Using broiling rack as a guide, set shelf inside oven so that meat will be about 4" from the broiling element. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place steaks on broiling rack on top of a pan. Broil for about 5 minutes per side, until internal temperature reaches desired doneness. (Time will vary based on oven.)
- Doneness chart: Medium rare - 130°-135°; medium - 140°-3 145°; well done - 155°-160°.
- Serve with a pat of compound butter on top.