Hourly Store Application FAQs
How long are applications kept on file?
Your application will be active for 60 days and remain on
file for 1 year.
What happens to my application after I submit it?
Your application will be active in your preferred store for up to 15 days, then for an additional 45 days in the applicant pool shared by neighboring Fred Meyer stores, allowing them to review your application for open positions.
Will I be contacted?
You will be contacted if your qualifications match our requirements for available positions.
How can I check the status of my application?
Please call the Human Resources Associate at the store where you applied.
Can I apply at more than one store?
It’s not necessary to apply at multiple locations;
neighboring stores will have access to your application.
Positions may be available in the following store departments:
- Food – Including Deli, Coffee Barista, Bakery,
Meat & Seafood,
Health & Beauty Care, Produce, Nutrition Center
- Apparel – Including Cosmetics, Accessories, Shoes
- Home & Garden
- Fuel Center
- Home Electronics
- Customer Service – including Playland, Cashier
- Loss Prevention
- Human Resources
Training & Development
Skilled, capable and dedicated Associates are essential to the overall success of our business. We encourage Associates to develop their abilities, use their full potential and share their ideas. Fred Meyer provides ongoing training at all levels and uses a variety of training formats to ensure all Associates have the opportunity to learn and grow. Training opportunities begin at the time of hire and continue throughout the Associate’s career. Our internal Career Opportunity Process helps Associates find and prepare for promotion opportunities or career changes.
- All Associates – Safety Training, Customer Service Skills
- Job Specific – Cashier, Playland, Food Service Departments
- Management Development
- Leadership Training for Management Positions/Corporate Leadership
- Store Director Training Program
- Assistant Buyer/Planner General Merchandise Training Program
- Mentor Program