Your generosity, along with the generosity of Fred Meyer Associates, has helped the Fred Meyer Fund award more than $15 million in grants since 1997 in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington.
With your help we awarded nearly $2.1 million in grants in 2013!
The Kroger Co. Foundation
Our parent company also supports the communities we serve by donating more than $200,000 to the Fred Meyer Fund every year.
What are the primary focus areas of the Fred Meyer Fund?
The Fred Meyer Fund awards grants to nonprofit organizations in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington with focus areas in:
At this time, the Fred Meyer Fund is not accepting grant applications. Our Associates help us select grant recipients in their communities.
- Youth Development/K-12 Education Grants for support programs and organizations that help
youth build character, increase self esteem, develop leadership and social skills, and participate in
constructive life experiences.
- Hunger Reduction Grants for support programs and organizations such as food banks and
community pantries that strive to reduce hunger and improve nutritional services to all the
communities where Fred Meyer Customers and Associates live and work.
- Cancer Research and Awareness Komen for the Cure, American Cancer Society and the cancer
units at local hospitals are often recipients of these grants.
- Military Family Support Grants for support programs and organizations such as Operation Homefront
or USO that assist our deployed troops and their families while their loved ones are across the globe.
- Environmental Education and Stewardship The health of our environment is a top priority for our
Customers and communities, and some grants focus on sustaining that health or educating the public
on environmental stewardship.