It’s a snap to make a return if you showed your Rewards Card
when you made the original purchase:
Just present the same Rewards Card along with the item you’re
returning. That’s all we need to look up your purchase
and credit back or refund the exact amount you paid if
the purchase was made within the last 6 months.
Your refund will be based on your original form of payment:
- Credit card purchases will be credited back to the same card
- Debit card purchases will be refunded in cash
- Personal check purchases will be refunded in cash. If your personal check purchase was made within the last 10 days, additional verification will be required
Didn’t use a Rewards Card? Just bring your receipt to our Customer Service Desk. Most merchandise can be returned within 6 months of the purchase date. See below for exceptions.
If you don’t have a receipt and you didn’t show your Rewards Card when you made the original purchase:
We will try to find your original transaction in our database based on your form of payment.
If we can’t find your original transaction:
- You will be required to show identification. A state-issued driver’s license or identification card is preferred
- Your returned item will be refunded at its lowest price within the last 90 days
- All returns over $5 without a receipt will be credited to a Fred Meyer Merchandise Return Card
- A Customer’s first return without a receipt will be accepted to a maximum dollar amount of $75.
- If the Customer presents another return request without a sales receipt, it will be declined.
Home Electronics Department Return/Exchange Policy
Exchange or Refund Item: List A
Unopened Products may be returned with the original sales receipt within 30 days of purchase for a refund, exchange, or credit to a Fred Meyer Gift Card (60 days if you have a gift receipt)
Opened Products that are like-new and in sellable condition that are returned with all essential items, such as power cords, remote controls, headphones, software, etc. (instructions and plastic wrap are not considered essential), refer to lists A & B to determine whether the item is eligible for an exchange/refund or an exchange only. All refunds or exchanges of opened products must be made within 30 days of the original purchase.
Exchange Only Item: List B
- Computer accessories
- Storage items
- Audio/Video & phone accessories
- iPod accessories
- Cell phone accessories
- TV wall mounts
- Clock radios/alarm clocks
- Camera bags/accessories
- Video game accessories (except points and subscription cards)
An exchange will be offered for Defective Products
- Computer hardware
- Computer monitors
- Tablets & Readers
- DVD & Blu-ray players
- Portable video items
- Home theater systems
- Portable audio devices
- Cameras, camcorders & GPS
- Video game hardware (see sales associate for details)
- Apple iPods and iPads
within 30 days of the original purchase (60 days with gift receipt)
The following items are NON-returnable:
- Opened computer software, movies, video games or music CDs
- Opened consumable items: ink, computer paper, blank CDs/DVDs, USB drives, media storage cards and film
- Items that have been damaged through use or abuse
Music and Software Return Policy
You may return the following items, as long as they are unopened and you have a sales receipt:
- Video Game Software
- DVDs, Blu-ray Discs and pre-recorded VHS Videos
- Vinyl Records
Defective items in opened packaging may be exchanged for the identical title only.
Shoe Return Policy
- Unworn shoes may be returned within 30 days of your purchase
- Shoes that are scuffed, have damaged soles or have other signs of wear cannot be returned
- If your shoes are defective, return them with your receipt or Rewards Card for an exchange, credit or refund
Power Equipment Return Policy
You may return or exchange gas- or electric-powered equipment if...
- the item is in “NEW and UNUSED” condition,
- no fuel has been added to the fuel tank or fuel lines, and
- you have the sales receipt or your Rewards Card (if used at time of purchase) and all packaging materials.
If your power equipment has manufacturing defects, please contact the manufacturer’s service center or toll-free number in the instruction manual to have it repaired according to the manufacturer’s warranty. Please do not bring defective gasoline powered equipment to Fred Meyer for repair. You will be referred to the nearest authorized repair center.
Book Return Policy
- Unused books may be returned with original sales receipt within 30 days of purchase
- Books with obvious signs of use, such as broken spines, torn pages, stains or dog-eared, are considered used and will not be accpted for return or exchange
- Defective merchandise may be exchanged for identical title only